FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find out more about Dermal Fillers In Norwich
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body, identical across species. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration, but also ‘cushioning’ and supporting collagen and elastin fibres and providing a medium, or carrier, for chemical messages between the cells.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are a clear sterile gel in a syringe for injection into the skin providing instant correction.
Dermal fillers are manufactured, usually through fermentation and cross linking with proteins to produce a clear, sterile gel for injection into the skin.
- To correct or enhance facial contours; cheeks, temples, jawline, nose, chin.
- To define, correct or enhance lips.
- To soften and correct facial wrinkles or folds.
- To restore lost volume in hands to reduce the appearance of veins and tendons.
- To correct hollows under the eyes (tear troughs).
- To improve the tone, texture and hydration of the skin.
There are a number of medical conditions and/or medicines that may affect the decision to treat or the treatment plan. A full medical history and assessment of your expectations is necessary in advance of any decision to treat. Consultations are carried out by Joolia Gilvey prior to treatment.
Longevity does vary between products, and between individuals, but most will last between 6 months and 18 months.